Download >> Eligibility Application Form
Step one to obtaining an ORVET Home Loan is to establish your eligibility with the Oregon Department of Veterans’ Affairs. To do this simply fill out an ORVET Eligibility Application Form and fax or mail it to ODVA, along with a copy of your DD-214. ODVA will issue an Eligibility Letter and the Loan Application process can then begin. If you have any questions, please contact the ORVET Home Loan Department at the number below.
*Eligibility for the ORVET Home Loan is separate and distinct from the federal VA Home Loan Guarentee.
To establish eligibility, a veteran must have served on active duty with the United States Armed Forces and meet one of the following criteria:
1) Beginning on or before Jan. 31, 1955 served more than 90 days and was discharged or released under honorable conditions; or
2) Beginning after Jan. 31, 1955 served more than 178 consecutive days and was discharged ot released under honorable conditions; or
3) Served 178 days or less and was discharged or released from active duty under honorable conditions because of a service-connected disability; or
4) Served 178 days or less and was discharged or released from active duty under honorable conditions and has a disability rating from the United States Department of Veterans Affairs; or
5) Served at least one day in a combat zone and was discharged or released from active duty under honorable conditions.
Veterans are also eligible if they meet one of the following criteria: 1) Received a combat, campaign or expeditionary ribbon or medal for service and was discharged or released under honorable conditions; or
2) Is receiving a nonservice-connected pension from the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs.
Submit Eligibility documents
Download >> Eligibility Application Form 0409-Veterans-Home-Loan-Eligibility.pdf
Submit documents to: Oregon Dept. of Veterans’ Affairs ORVET Home Loans 700 Summer St NE Salem, OR 97301-1285
Toll-free in Oregon 888-673-8387 or 503-373-2051 Fax 503-373-2393
NOTICE: Internet e-mail is not secure. To accurately respond to your e-mail inquiry we ask that you provide the following information- your name, mailing address, your daytime phone or telefax number and the dates of your military service.